The first important thing is that you have a OmniSTAR receiver with the latest firmware version. Please call your nearest OmniSTAR branch for the latest update. Some subscription possibilities will not work with old firmware!
Setup your OmniSTAR receiver and switch it on. Make sure the receiver has a lock on the OmniSTAR satellite.
Important things OmniSTAR needs to know before they can subscribe:
- Type of receiver
- Serial number
- Type of activation you require
- Firmware of receiver
- Satellite service which the unit is locked onto.
For additional information, please refer to the User Manual
- Connect the computer to Port B on receiver and run AgRemote.
- Press the ESCAPE button until the "Home" screen appears.
- Press RIGHT ARROW button until the "Configuration" screen appears.
- Press the DOWN ARROW button once.
- Press the RIGHT ARROW button until the "DGPS Config" screen.
- Press the DOWN ARROW button until the "Satellite Freq" appears.
- Press the RIGHT ARROW button for the cursor to flash on the first digit.
- Press the DOWN and UP ARROW buttons to change the digits.
- Press the RIGHT ARROW button to move on to the next digit until the desired frequency is displayed eg. 1535.1850 MHz.
- Press the ENTER button to lock in the new frequency. The cursor will disappear from the screen.
- CHECK THE FREQUENCY ON YOUR RECEIVER IS ENTERED IN CORRECTLY.
- Press the ESC button until the "Home" screen appears.
Below are the minimum receiver firmware requirements for OmniSTAR service. To download the latest firmware, check the Latest Firmware Versions information below.
| GPS Receiver Model |
| VBS Subscription || HP/XP Subscription || Firmware Version |
|OmniSTAR 7114LR12 ||RSOCVBS ||n/a ||3.06 |
| GPS Receiver Model || Latest |
| VBS2 |
| Release date |
| VBS/HP/G2 |
|OmniSTAR 7114LR12 ||3.06 ||3.06 ||n/a ||Sep. 2005 ||VBS |
Documentation available for the OmniSTAR 7114LR12 includes the following:
For additional information, please refer to the manufacturer's website at www.omnistar.com.