The first important thing is that you have a OmniSTAR receiver with the latest firmware version. Please call your nearest OmniSTAR branch for the latest update. Some subscription possibilities will not work with old firmware!
Setup your OmniSTAR receiver and switch it on. Make sure the receiver has a lock on the OmniSTAR satellite.
Important things OmniSTAR needs to know before they can subscribe:
- Type of receiver
- Serial number
- Type of activation you require
- Firmware of receiver
- Satellite service which the unit is locked onto.
For additional information, please contact your nearest OmniSTAR branch
We recommend that if possible you also take the opportunity to upgrade your receiver to the latest version of firmware currently Omni_4.8.
You should contact your supplier with regard to the upgrade procedure and OmniSTAR to re-subscribe your receiver after a firmware upgrade.
To change the OmniSTAR satellite frequency via the SLXmon program:
- Connect the command cable with the label command to the COM1 of the computer.
- Select File menu item, followed by Connect, set the correct PC COM port, the default baud setting is 19200.
- Select Control menu, followed by View Command page.
- In the Message to SLX window type $JFREQ,<satellite frequency>,<baud rate> and press Send (the message format is $JFREQ<frequency in KHz.><link baud rate>).)
- Then in the Message to SLX window type $JSAVE and press SEND.
Below are the minimum receiver firmware requirements for OmniSTAR service. To download the latest firmware, check the Latest Firmware Versions information below.
| GPS Receiver Model |
| VBS Subscription || HP/XP Subscription || Firmware Version |
OmniSTAR 2100 / GEM
| RSOCVBS ||n/a || 4.8 |
| GPS Receiver Model || Latest |
| VBS2 |
| Release date |
| VBS/HP/G2 |
|OmniSTAR 2100 / GEM || 4.8 ||4.8 || n/a ||Oct. 2005 ||VBS |
Documentation available for the OmniSTAR 2100 includes the following:
For additional information, please refer to the manufacturer's website at www.omnistar.com.